Getting a new AC installed can be quite the ordeal! First, you need to contact the right team of professionals to get the job done. Second, you should probably decide whether you want a heat pump or a central air conditioner. Third, you need to choose a budget and pick the model of air conditioner you want from that budget. This list goes on and on, and we’ve decided to help homeowners today by giving them a proper guide on selecting a new air conditioner.
If it feels overwhelming, or if you can tell the anxiety is starting to bubble up, then we’re also here to tell you not to worry. Our team can help anyone, no matter what step they are in the process of buying a new unit. It doesn’t matter if you’re an amateur or a veteran when it comes to air conditioning in Rio Rancho, we have your back.
A Step By Step Guide to AC Installation
In order to feel good about your air conditioner purchase, it’s important to use checklists. Not everyone has a perfect memory, and knowing that you’re not missing anything is why checklists can help you keep on top of your priorities and standards. So, let’s get started with our step by step guide to buying an air conditioning system.
- Choose the right team for the job. This is one of the most important steps to take. The team that you choose to perform the installation of your air conditioner is going to affect the rest of this checklist. For instance, a team that doesn’t care as much about your comfort or budget will cause a whole host of problems, while a team that’s heart is in the right place will make this a lot easier.
- Investigate whether you’d like a heat pump or a central air conditioner. These two systems might sound the same but they’re very different! Central air conditioners can cool your entire home throughout the summer, while a heat pump system can both heat and cool your home all year round! And heat pump mini splits are a specific type of heat pump that doesn’t need ductwork. There are a lot of different types of AC units and it’s important to do your research!
- Factor your budget into your decision. Your budget is going to change the decision you make, and that’s okay! It’s important to discuss this with your prospective HVAC provider and your family.
- Get the system sized appropriately for your home. This is an important step that needs to be done by a certified HVAC professional. They have the tools to measure your home’s air volume.
- Make sure you sign up for a maintenance agreement going forward. This is the perfect time to sign up for yearly maintenance so your AC gets started on a clean slate!
- Allow the technician to stay late to ensure it works as expected. Some HVAC providers will have busy schedules and want to leave quickly, but not us! We’ll stick around late to ensure your system works as intended.
Call First Rate Plumbing Heating and Cooling Inc for your next AC installation. Quality work, exuberant service.